- Honour a Wannabe Wedding Planner: Do a review of your family and friends to identify if there is someone that has a natural passion and ability to plan family parties or celebrations. Depending on your relationship, consider asking him/her to support you with your wedding plans! If he/she naturally enjoys being the “party planner”, he/she will be honoured that you have considered them to take on such an important role!
- Go Paperless: Email is really the new mail… Snail mail really is a thing of the past. For example, Paperless Post is a classy online e-vite service, that is very easy to use for a small fee. Your guests will appreciate not having to remember to mail back an RSVP card, and this will save you a good chunk of money on postage!
- BYOB: Host your reception at a venue where you can bring your own booze (aka. BYOB). Full service event venues often have high markups on their alcohol, and this can quickly add heaps to your bottom line. If you do secure a venue whereby you can BYOB, then be sure to add and consider the additional costs that you will incur for renting glassware and paying for bartender/service staff. If the cost benefit analysis makes sense to go the route of BYOB, then cheers!
- Give the Gift of a Donation: Do you remember the party favor from the last wedding you attended? Party favors are often an element that cost a substantial amount of money, however, are the least appreciated or memorable. A growing trend is couples making a donation to a charity of their choice in leiu of party favors or just opting to give their guests the “gift of a wonderful and memorable party”!
- Say No to Uniformity! Bridal parties are encouraging their family & friends to let their personal fashion flair shine through by having them choose and wear whatever they like! This is a cost saving measure often appreciated by both the bride & groom and the bridal party members, as they are able to wear something from their wardrobes versus investing in a bright blue tuxedo or a taffetta yellow bridesmaid dress that will never be worn again!
Are you in the midst of planning a wedding? Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to get tips, share best practices and talk wedding planning!