We are extremely lucky to call Canada home – especially during the summer. During our beautiful Canadian summer, we experience a friendly reminder of why this is the case. In the hope to encourage you and your loved ones to take a break from preparing your wedding or planning the big proposal, below are a few summer pastimes to give you some inspiration to get outside and enjoy the rest of the summer…
1. Be a kid again – head to the waterslides. Nothing says summer more than a waterpark. Add some wild waterslides into the mix, and you are set to have a fun day in the sun.
2. Eat lots of ice cream, and BBQ till your heart is content. While prime patio weather is here, be sure to enjoy it.
3. Train for a race. Think half marathon, full marathon or triathlon. Summer time is the perfect time to start your training. Let’s be honest – who isn’t inspired while watching the 2012 Summer Olympics? Get moving, and get inspired. You won’t regret it.
4. Visit your local amusement park, and ride the dare devil roller coaster. Wait till the sun goes down though to avoid being cooked in the heat.
Spring Summer Cleaning: Spend a weekend clearing out clutter, and reorganizing your home. You will feel energized and refreshed. A cluttered home is a cluttered mind.
6. Read a really good book. Or a few. Nourish your mind, and thoroughly enjoy a really good summer read.
7. Plan Day or Weekend Road Trips. This will have you looking forward to each weekend in the summer – not just one summer holiday.
8. Take in a live performance. Outdoor live theater is especially magical during the summer.
9. Plan a solid summer holiday. If you can, plan your holiday to last at least 7 consecutive days. Give your mind, body and soul a break. Get away and rejuvenate with a change in scenery.
10. Find a picturesque lake on a stunning summer day, and park yourself. Add in a boat, kayak or canoe, and spend your day lazing out on the water. Or mix in some stand-up paddle boarding, water-skiing or water-tubing to keep your energy levels high.
How do you spend your summers? Any “Must Dos” you would like to share? Please share your thoughts below!
While out and about, please remember, here at Spence, we like making new friends and catching up with old ones. So much so, that we offer a free diamond ring cleaning service all the time, every day. Please come by and visit us when you are in the neighborhood. Enjoy your summer!