Perfect Match Guarantee
No one matches the quality of Spence mined diamonds. And now no one matches the price of them either.
With the Spence Perfect Match Guarantee, we promise to match any local price on any comparable mined diamond. But, unlike other diamond stores, Spence will still honor all standard warranties, guarantees, and services – including our Lifetime Trade-Up policy – on all Perfect Match Guarantee diamonds.
Just bring in a copy of the competitor’s GIA grading report dated within the last two years, as well as a link to (or published copy of) the offer.
- Spence’s Perfect Match Guarantee program applies only to certified loose mined diamonds sold at our authorized retail locations in Canada and the United States. Artisan Created Diamonds and other lab/created diamonds are not eligible.
- The Perfect Match Guarantee only applies before or up to 30-days after you purchase your Spence diamond. Once you purchase from Spence, if you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return your diamond to us in accordance with our Return Policy. Of course, we want you to be extremely satisfied and will always try to work with you to resolve any concern that you didn’t get the absolute best price on your purchase.
- Unlike our competitors, all of Spence’s standard warranties, guarantees and services (including our Lifetime Trade-Up policy) apply to diamonds purchased through our Perfect Match Guarantee program.
- To verify the competing price, you must supply Spence with: (1) a copy of the grading report from GIA for the competitor’s mined diamond (dated within the last two years); and (2) a link to a website offer or a written/published price offer.
- The Perfect Match Guarantee is applicable to mined diamonds available from normal retail stores in the local market area which is defined as up to 80 kilometers/50 miles from each Spence location. Mined diamonds offered by pawn shops, auctions, exchanges and similar businesses are not eligible for the Perfect Match Guarantee because the provenance (including compliance with Spence’s ethical sourcing standards) of these diamonds cannot be verified.
- The competing mined diamond must be in stock; available to any member of the public; cannot be a unique discount or involve rebates, gift certificates, offsets, other required purchases, separate fees or shipping/handling charges or other unusual terms; and available for purchase at the specified price at the time verified by Spence. Highly time-limited sales events (such as Black Friday, “early bird,” or “door buster” offers), offers advertised as limited in time or quantity, clearance, liquidation and going-out-of-business sales, and loyalty program offers are ineligible for the Perfect Match Guarantee program
- The competitor’s mined diamond must have the same characteristics, including carat weight, shape, color, clarity, fluorescence, table and depth percentage, symmetry, etc. as a certified Spence diamond. Spence reserves the right to review your request and decide, in our sole discretion, whether the competitor’s mined diamond is comparable.
- The Perfect Match Guarantee does not apply to colored, treated or modified diamonds due to the difficulty of establishing comparability of these items.
- The Perfect Match Guarantee does not apply where the competitor or Spence has made a pricing error or typographical error on an item.
- The Perfect Match Guarantee only applies to purchases for personal use. The Perfect Match Guarantee does not apply to purchases for resale or commercial purposes.
- If Spence matches a competitor’s price, we will honor the new price for 72 hours.
- Spence reserves the right to verify all information regarding the competing offer and to refuse to offer a lower price, in its sole discretion, if Spence is not satisfied with its ability to verify the validity of the competing price. Spence reserves the right to:
(1) deny price match requests;
(2) modify these terms at any time; or
(3) terminate the Perfect Match Guarantee at any time.
- If you’ve read this far, we hope you’re not planning to sue us! At Spence our highest priority is always making YOU happy, so if anything is unclear about our Perfect Match Guarantee or we can work with you in any way to achieve a great diamond solution please talk to any of our store personnel who are highly trained and empowered to help you.
Lifetime Protection Against Loss
For 0.18–3.0 carat Consciously Mined Diamonds and 0.18–4.0 carat Artisan Created Diamonds: If your original diamond chips, cracks or separates from its original Spence mounting, and Spence deems that it is in good condition, Spence will replace your diamond once during the lifetime of your ring, free of charge.
To qualify for this benefit:
- Bring your ring to any Spence location for inspection by a Spence representative every calendar year.
- All repairs recommended as a result of Spence inspections must be promptly completed by our Spence Studio.
- Special orders are excluded.
This benefit will become null and void if the jewelry is repaired or inspected by anyone other than Spence, or if any of the inspection criteria above are not satisfied.
Lifetime Trade-Up Allowance
Your original Spence center diamond can be fully credited towards a new piece of Spence jewelry at any time, provided the new piece has a value at least 50% greater than your original Spence jewelry purchase price. Simply return your diamond to Spence in its original condition, with the original sales receipt, the Spence Guarantee and the diamond certificate. Note: Trade-Ups cannot be accepted on a used setting or mounting.
Change the Mounting Style
You may change the mounting style of your solitaire diamond ring for another style of equal value, free of charge, within one year of the date of purchase.
Cleaning and Examination of Prongs
Spence will professionally clean and examine your original Spence jewelry, free of charge, anytime you visit one of our locations.
Ring Size Adjustment
Spence will gladly adjust the size of your original Spence diamond ring, free of charge, on any one occasion, within one year of the date of purchase.
Spence guarantees your ring will be free of any defects in material and workmanship while under normal use for one year from your date of purchase. If any defects are found during this period, Spence will gladly provide all necessary repairs, free of charge, in accordance with our policy.
If you are not completely satisfied with your jewelry purchase from Spence, simply return it to a Spence location within 30 days of the date of purchase in its unaltered, original condition with the original sales receipt, the Spence Guarantee and the diamond certificate, and Spence will gladly refund your money (the “Return Policy”). All refunds, less any applicable charges, will be issued in the same form in which the payment was originally made. Returns on made-to-order rings are subject to a $100 design cancellation fee. Special orders may not be returned under any circumstances. Additional terms and conditions applicable to the Spence Guarantee, including the Warranty, are outlined within.
Not-So-Small Print Limited Warranty
Spence jewelry is guaranteed to be free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for one year from the date of purchase (the “Warranty Period”) by the original purchaser, subject to the following terms (the “Warranty”). If your Spence jewelry suffers a defect while under normal use during the Warranty Period and a valid claim is received by a Spence location within the Warranty Period, Spence will provide all necessary repairs, free of charge.
The following are not considered defects and as such are excluded from free repairs: rhodium plating, soldering, chain soldering, special finish requests, re-casting, any loss of brilliance and, in the case of earrings, earring back replacements due to loss. The Warranty will be void if the defect in any way: (a) is caused by normal wear and tear or is otherwise due to normal aging arising from use; (b) is attributable in whole or in part to use of the Spence jewelry outside of the intended uses prescribed by Spence; (c) is attributable to repair, service or alteration performed by anyone other than a Spence representative; (d) is attributable to accident, abuse, misuse, mishandling or contact with chemicals, fire, earthquake or other external causes; (e) relates to rhodium plating on 14-karat white gold jewelry (14-karat white gold jewelry is rhodium plated to enhance its appearance; this plating is not permanent and will require further plating to maintain the enhanced appearance); or (f) relates to loss of brilliance of a diamond (diamonds must be kept clean to assure their most brilliant performance; lotions, powders, soaps and even skin oils will cover a diamond in film and will reduce its brilliance).
If your Spence jewelry fails because of a defect while under normal use during the Warranty Period, and a valid Warranty claim is received by a Spence location within the Warranty Period, Spence shall repair your Spence jewelry, free of charge.
If your Spence jewelry is returned for repair within the Warranty Period, only the remaining term of the Warranty Period will continue to apply (e.g. If your jewelry is purchased under a 12-month limited warranty and returned for repair after 11 months from the date of purchase, once the repaired Spence jewelry is returned to you the remaining warranty term will be only one month; any other repairs after this remaining term of one month will be outside the original Warranty Period and will be charged accordingly). No Spence employee, representative or agent is authorized to modify or extend the Warranty Period.
If repair is necessary, Spence will send your Spence jewelry to a Spence Studio. Only a Spence Studio representative may inspect a defect with your Spence jewelry, determine the nature of the defect, and decide whether the claim is valid under the Warranty. Repair is only available at our Spence Studio. The actual repair work, excluding sizings, will be subject to the Warranty for a period of 30 days from the date of repair. As provided above, repairs under the Warranty are free of charge. The Warranty does not cover any other charges, costs, expenses, taxes or duties that you may incur to obtain repair of your Spence jewelry under the Warranty Period, including, without limitation, shipping charges, customs duties or value added tax.
If you have a valid claim under the Warranty from a jurisdiction that is not the jurisdiction of original purchase of your Spence jewelry, Spence will not be responsible for any import or export laws and regulations.
If you have any questions about the Warranty, please contact a representative at any Spence location.
Replacement of Lost or Chipped Diamonds
Although diamonds are the hardest substance known to humankind, they can still chip and crack if subjected to a sharp blow. Care should be taken when performing any physical tasks while wearing your Spence jewelry. Diamonds under 0.18 carat are covered against loss or chipping for one year from the date of purchase, as long as Spence determines your jewelry to be in good condition. Spence will replace a lost or chipped diamond with a new diamond that is the closest match in carat weight, color, cut and clarity to the original diamond. You will have the option to choose a different diamond from the Spence inventory that has equal value as the price paid for the original diamond, or cover the difference in price if a diamond of higher value than the original purchase price is selected. No refunds will be made on a replacement diamond that is lower in value than the original diamond.
Special Order Jewelry
Special order jewelry includes products not manufactured by Spence. These products will not be covered by this Spence Guarantee, including the terms of the Warranty. Instead they are subject to terms and conditions outlined in their special order form. For example, special order wedding bands cannot be re-sized free of charge and are subject to an exchange fee that will be outlined in their special order form.
Voiding of Return Policy and Warranty, Exclusion and Limitation
The Return Policy and the Warranty will be voided if: (a) the Spence product identification, including trademark, trade name or logo, is altered, defaced or removed from your Spence jewelry; (b) your Spence jewelry is not maintained in accordance with the jewelry care guide available at spencediamonds.com; (c) the Warranty procedures of Spence in place at the time of the valid claim are not observed and followed, including satisfactory proof of original purchase of your Spence jewelry and other information as may be requested by Spence; or (d) the original warranty certificate, with an up-to-date inspection record, is not provided to Spence with your Spence jewelry, or if this Spence Guarantee has been altered in any way.
Exclusions and Limitations
Except as expressly provided in the Warranty, Spence makes no warranty whatsoever with respect to any of its goods or services (including special order goods), and hereby excludes and disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties concerning: (a) the quality of the goods or services; (b) merchantability; (c) fitness for any particular purpose; (d) infringement of intellectual property rights of a third party; or (e) hidden or latent defects, in each case, to the extent permitted by applicable law. If any implied warranties are imposed by applicable law, such implied warranties are limited to the warranty period. Some states and provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so THIS limitation REGARDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES may not apply to you. The Warranty procedures expressly set forth above shall be your sole and exclusive remedy and Spence’s entire liability with respect to the Spence Guarantee, including any warranty set forth herein. In no event shall Spence or any of its affiliates, or any of their respective employees, representatives, agents, contractors, directors, officers, partners, owners, successors or assigns be liable to you or any third party for any damages of any kind whatsoever, whether in contract or in tort, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary, remote or consequential damages. Some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation may not apply to you. Spence’s (including its affiliates’) aggregate liability to you or any third party, by reason of any act or omission, whether sounding in contract or in tort, shall not exceed the purchase price actually paid for your Spence Jewelry. The Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state and province to province.