Latest Update: October 8, 2021
Spence Diamonds Ltd. (“Spence Diamonds”) is committed to respecting your privacy through the protection of your personal information, as further described below. We want to provide you with value added service on an ongoing basis and to establish a long-lasting relationship with you that will grow and change to meet your needs.
The Website is intended for users in the legal age of jurisdiction in Canada. By providing personal information through the use of the Website, you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing of such information within Canada. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our Website Terms and Conditions.
• Use our websites or our mobile applications (collectively, the “Online Platforms”)
• Sign up to join our marketing lists and newsletters from Spence Diamonds
• Apply for an employment opportunity including a job
• Participate in Spence Diamonds’ activities, initiatives, games, contests, polls, forms and/or surveys
• Purchase a product(s)
• Use our social media channels or other engagement applications, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, etc.
• Communicate with us
(together, the “Purposes”).
- Privacy Statement Updates
• Meaning of Personal Information
• Personal Information We Collect
• How We Use Your Personal Information
• How We Share Your Personal Information
• Opting Out of Communications
• How We Use Certain Technologies
• Links to External Services
• Retention of Personal Information
• Protecting Your Personal Information
• Your Rights
• Withdrawing Your Consent
• How to Contact Us
- Privacy Statement Updates
- What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual and could include, for example, name, home address, phone number, personal e-mail address or other personal information about such identifiable individual.
- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Form of Consent
Generally, we obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. Consent can be provided electronically or it can be implied where the purpose for collecting, using or disclosing your personal information would be considered obvious and you voluntarily provide personal information for that purpose. Consent may also be implied where we give you notice and a reasonable opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information being used, and you do not opt-out. Subject to certain , you can withhold your consent for Spence Diamonds to use your personal information in certain ways – and you can do so by contacting us at [email protected]. Your decision to withhold your consent to certain uses of personal information may restrict our ability to provide particular Purposes, services or functionality.
Categories of Personal Information that We May Collect
- Electronic and Geolocation Data: When you visit our Online Platforms, we may collect information such as your IP address, device type, time zone, and geolocation (if this function is enabled). This information is collected automatically through cookies and similar tools to enable our Online Platforms to function effectively, to fix bugs, or to ensure the security of our Online Platforms. Please refer to section 11 for more information about cookies.
- Usage and Analytics Data: We collect information such as time spent on the Online Platforms, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and pages that led or referred you to the Online Platforms. We collect this information to understand Online Platform usage, whether there are bugs, and to generally improve our Online Platforms. Please refer to section 11 for more information about cookies.
- Communication Data: The Online Platforms may allow you to provide us with your e-mail address, location, and language of preference, so we may send you information and updates about Spence Diamonds. For individuals who otherwise interact with us, whether in person, by phone or e-mail, through social media or otherwise (including individuals who might be interested in acquiring our products or services, who sign-up to receive newsletters or other communications, or who respond to surveys and questionnaires), we may collect information that you provide to us during these interactions.
- Newsletter and Marketing Data: If you subscribe to receive our newsletter from our Online Platforms, we collect your first and last names, e-mail and location. We also collect information through cookies to conduct targeted advertising on social media platforms.
- Employment Application: If you apply for a position of employment, we may collect information to evaluate your application, including your name, contact information, resume and cover letter.
- Contests: From time to time, Spence Diamonds may run co-sponsored promotional contests, content, programs and initiatives. If you provide a completed registration form or otherwise engage with any of our co-sponsored content, programs, or initiatives, we may disclose the information that you disclosed to us, including your name, address and e-mail address to the applicable co-sponsor for the purposes of fulfilling your prize. Additionally, activities of participants may be photographed, distributed, and used by Spence Diamonds for promotional purposes in any medium or form and without any compensation.
If you enter a contest including our Online Platforms, or via a third-party partner or contest co-sponsor we may collect your name, contact information, and other information as part of the contest to administer the contest and for other purposes that may be identified in the contest rules.
- How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
Some of the purposes for which Spence Diamonds may collect, use, and disclose your personal information are:
- To facilitate communication with you
- To grant you/enable you to access certain special features, services or areas of our Online Platforms
- To process any of your requests for information
- To advise and administer of special promotions such as participation in contests, content, programs, initiatives, games, surveys, forms, and polling
- To administer the “Share or Hint” function of our Online Platforms to e-mail an item to a friend
- To announce special events
- To provide an enhanced user experience
By signing up to take part in programs or initiatives that we may initiate, or to receive online and/or e-mail communications, we may use the information that you provide to operate and facilitate such programs, initiatives and communications.
- Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With?
To administer services and operations, certain personal information may be shared with, or accessed by, authorized third-party service providers, such as e-commerce providers, payment card processers, telephone and technical support providers, data storage and processing service providers. Your personal information will be provided to such third-party service providers only to enable the proper administration of such services and operations.
Additionally, we may use and disclose your information when we believe such use or disclosure is permitted, necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce the terms of the agreements for our products and services; (e) to protect our rights, operations or property; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. In addition, we may transfer your personal information and other information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets.
- How Can You Opt-Out of Our Marketing Communications?
Spence Diamonds is committed to meet the requirements of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, including through any commercial electronic messages sent by the Spence Diamonds to you and/or your friend. You may “Unsubscribe” from receiving any such applicable communications from Spence Diamonds at any time and your electronic address will be removed from our databases. Please click on a Spence Diamonds delivered email to your inbox and click “Unsubscribe” at any time.
- Personal Information of Children
Spence Diamonds is strongly committed to protecting the online privacy of children under the age of 18. Parents and legal guardians are strongly recommended to monitor the use of the internet by their children.
- How Do We Use Certain Technologies in Our Services?
What technologies do we use?
Similar to many other companies, our website uses cookie technology to make your use of our website more convenient. A cookie is a text file that enables our website to store information about your general activities on the website, such as the date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent, and websites visited just before and just after our website. Personal information about your visits to, and use of, the website is used on an aggregate basis, which means that it is used for statistical purposes to assist us in enhancing your online experience, or to evaluate the materials that we may carry on the website, it is done in aggregate with all web visits not in isolation of your specific web visit. Notably, we use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the collected data to track and monitor the use of our services. This data is shared with other Google services. In addition, the cookie will store your e-mail address, which is your unique identifier, so that, on return visits, the website will be able to match you to your identity in the database. This is an opt-in feature that will only be made operational if you choose to do so. Web beacons (also called “clear GIFs” or “pixel tags”), which are small strings of code that are placed in a web page or in an e-mail message, may be used in conjunction with cookies to track activity on our website. Since they are used in combination with cookies, if you disable cookies, the web beacons will only detect an anonymous website visit.
How you can manage your cookie preferences
If you choose to disable cookies associated with our Online Platforms, this may affect your use of those platforms and your ability to access certain features. You can also use WebChoices, which is a browser-based tool for opting out of interest-based advertising. AdChoices provides additional solutions and explanations to block and control cookies, as well as plug-ins to retain opt-out cookie preferences, even if you delete your cookies. Depending on the browser that you are using, different instructions are applicable. In the list below, click on the browser that you use to find out more information:
- Links to Other Sites
- How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
- How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
Spence Diamonds endeavour to maintain appropriate procedural and technological measures as well as storage facilities to prevent any unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information. Spence Diamonds takes commercially reasonable efforts to protect any personal information that is provided to it. We cannot, however, guarantee the security of any personal information that is provided to us in an e-mail or in online form while it is being transmitted to us because the internet is a potentially unsecure method of information transfer. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
- What Are Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information?
The law provides you with rights over your personal information, notably the right to access and rectify the personal information that we have on you if it is incorrect, incomplete, invalid or ambiguous.
Request to Access
If you have any questions about :
- collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information by Spence Diamonds or
- if you simply want to know whether we have any of your personal information on file or
- if you want to access information that we have collected about you
Request to Correct
- How to Withdraw Your Consent to the Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information?
At any time you may withdraw your consent to our use and disclosure of certain personal information by notifying us in writing through . Please note that your withdrawal request may take up to 30 days to implement. Also note that withdrawing your consent may preclude us from providing you with certain information or may prevent your use of certain features and functionalities of our Online Platforms or other Purposes.
- Questions or Concerns