Spence Diamonds US Corp. (“Spence Diamonds”) is committed to respecting your privacy through the protection of your personal information, as further described below. We want to provide you with value added service on an ongoing basis and to establish a long-lasting relationship with you that will grow and change to meet your needs.
The US Website is intended for users above the age of 18 who are located in the United States and is hosted and operated in the United States, pursuant to United States law. By providing personal information through the use of the US Website, you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other countries and territories.
Minors, under the age of 18, are not authorized to use the Website. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our Website Terms and Conditions.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Personal Information Collected: We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including the following: name, mailing address, billing address, email address, phone number, credit/debit card information, password, PayPal account number, age, birth date, and gender.
Credit Card Information Collected: The credit card information provided by you will be stored in a secure manner, compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). We may access such information only when there is an appropriate business reason to do so, such as when a refund must be issued back to the credit card. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information, and our employees are required to follow these privacy standards.
Information Collected through Automatic Data Collection Technologies to Improve the Website experience: As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including, IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, products viewed, searched for or purchased, page response times, download errors, length of visit to certain pages, page interaction (scrolling, clicks, mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
TRACKING/AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
The tracking technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
Cookies (or browser cookies): A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you do elect to disable a cookie, please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of a personalized experience on the Website. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for cookies, see Section 10 “Opting Out and Changing Information.”
Web Beacons: Pages of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear GIFs, pixel tags and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity). We utilize web beacons to help us better manage the content on the Website by informing us what content is effective. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for web beacons, see Section 10 “Opting Out and Changing Information.”
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY COMPANIES
- to help us measure and determine how visitors use our Website and the effectiveness of our Website;
- to help us improve and optimize the products and services we or our Affiliates offer; or
- to collect your non-personally identifiable information regarding your online behavior to provide you with use-tailored and targeted advertisements.
USING YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to administer and present the Services and its contents to you, including identifying product preferences and shopping preferences and customizing Website pages for you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services;
- to complete, fulfill, manage and communicate with you about your orders or otherwise provide you with our offerings;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to contact you regarding any Services or offers we provide through the Services or to notify you about changes to the Services;
- to inform you and make recommendations about our products and Services, including sales, special offers and new Website features, and to send you other promotional communication;
- to provide customer service or support, or contact you regarding your account;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to conduct internal research and development and improve the Services;
- to perform other logistics and operation activities as needed;
- to protect our assets and prevent fraudulent transactions, including (i) validating credentials and authenticating customers when logging into your online profile or transacting in store and (ii) protecting the security and integrity of our Services and our data;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH BUSINESS PARTNERS, AFFILIATES AND THIRD PARTIES
We may share the information we collect about you with:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you that supports our business. For example:
- we pass your delivery address and telephone number to our partner courier companies in case they need to contact you directly if there is a problem with your delivery;
- we pass certain personal information to third-party payment management companies to enable them to verify your credit or debit card details;
- we pass your personal information to third-party service providers that assist us with our marketing efforts;
- we pass certain purchasing information and use of discounts to business partners who facilitate such discount schemes, provided you have previously registered with them; or
- we pass your personal information to business partners who provide us with and assist us in operating customer service management software, designed to improve and manage our interaction with customers and your customer service experience.
- Business partners, Affiliates (and their business partners) and advertising networks for marketing and advertising purposes, which may include (i) sending you direct mail or emails about their products, services, sales, promotions, events, news and store openings that may interest you or (ii) serving ads or adverts that may interest you. For information about managing your privacy and opting out, see Section 10 “Opting Out and Changing Information;”
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of ensuring that your credit or debit card is not being used without your consent. This is done only to confirm your identity. No credit check is performed and your credit rating will be unaffected;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website and Services; or
- Service providers whom we may employ to assist us in carrying out and then analyzing the results of customer surveys or questionnaires.
In addition to the ways that we may share information with business partners, Affiliates (and their business partners) and other third parties as described above, we may disclose to third parties information collected from you in an aggregate form. However, we will only do so in such a way as to ensure that such aggregated information does not individually identify any user.
OTHER DISCLOSURE SCENARIOS
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we plan to merge with or be acquired by that third party or in connection with a partial or total sale of assets, bankruptcy, or another corporate change;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, subpoena or court order, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or
- If we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to: (i) prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss to us; (ii) prevent or report suspected illegal activity; and/or (iii) protect anyone’s rights, property or safety. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you have provided prior express written consent to have promotional offers or transactional correspondence from us sent to your mobile device, we may send you a MS, MMS or other text message (“Text Messages”) with such communications to the telephone number you provided to us. Standard text message rates will apply.
If you have provided a telephone number for Text Messages, you are obligated to immediately inform us if and when the telephone number that you have previously provided to us changes. Without limiting the foregoing, if you: (i) have your telephone number reassigned to another person or entity; (ii) give up your telephone number so that it is no longer used by you; (iii) port your telephone number to a landline or vice versa; or (iv) otherwise stop using that telephone number for any reason (collectively “Phone Number Change”), you agree that you shall promptly notify us of the Phone Number Change by contacting us as described in Section 15.
OPTING OUT AND CHANGING INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You have the right to access your own personal information, and to correct any inaccuracies through the Website, for e-commerce customers, or by contacting us directly. There are various mechanisms to provide you with control over your information, including the following:
- Email Communications: To opt out of receiving email communications from us, you can follow the instructions at the end of the applicable email message.
- Text Messages: If you wish to opt out of receiving Text Messages from us, you must follow the opt-out instructions at the end of each text message (e.g., reply “STOP”).
Please note that if you decide to opt out, it may take a few days to process your opt-out request by email and that you may continue to receive promotional or marketing materials during this time. Also, please note that opting out will not preclude us from sending you other types of non-promotional messages, such as emails confirming transactions. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS; DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
At this time, we do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
THIRD PARTY SITES
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have endeavored to put in place and maintain reasonable industry recognized security measures in an effort to protect the security of your personal information. However, no transmission over the internet is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee that information disclosed through the internet cannot be intercepted or otherwise accessed by third parties. Any information that you provide to us is done so entirely at your own risk.
If you have questions, concerns, or complaints about your privacy or your personal information, you may contact us by phone or email. We will inform you of our complaint procedures and will assist you in resolving the situation. If a complaint is found to be justified, appropriate measures will be taken including, if necessary, amending our practices and procedures.